Thursday, July 9, 2015

Q3 FAL Goals, 2015

I got ZERO of my Q2 FAL goals complete.  It's been a busy summer.  So here it goes with my big wish list of Q3 goals:


Adrianna at On the Windy Side hosts the 2015 Finish Along.  I was happy to complete my four Q1 goals this year.  My Q2 goals are more ambitious (in my opinion, because there's a lot more work to be done on these quilts.)  I'm linking up here.Here are my goals:

1.  Complete Bonnie Hunter's 2013 Mystery quilt, Celtic Solstice.  I have had the top done in October, 2014.  The back still needs pieced and it is a hot mess.  I just love these colors.  Here's the top:




2.  Grand Illusion (Bonnie Hunter 2014 Mystery Quilt)  Sub units are made.  Blocks are not complete.  I only have one row of blocks and one row of sashing complete.



 3.  I did not complete my allpeoplequilt's UFO Challenge 2015, for March which was my Classic Meets Modern QA at Sew at Home Mummy.  I have all of the blocks complete.  Now on to the sashing, back, and quilting and binding...   Here are my blocks:

 

All 12 blocks are done, but I can't find a photo of all of them together.  This will have to do for now.

4.  Sadly I did not work at all on my February goal WIP for the All People Quilt challenge either.  I was hoping to make a baby quilt with the Tall Churn Dash blocks that I won in the Block Lotto.  Here's all the blocks.  I still need to decide what to do with them.



5.  I doubt if I'll have time, but I'm going to throw this quilt in with my Q3 goals too.  These are blocks that I won in the Block Lotto.  All of the blocks made it home by February, 2015.


6. 
A new start...
Here's the Pat Sloan table runner challenge project I started.  I'm making this table runner as a gift for a friend that just LOVES greens.  Some pieces have been cut incorrectly.  I need to replace them and get this project moving.  You can read more on Pat's table runner challenge here.  I'll need to have it complete by July 20 to enter.





 7.  This is my first red/white/blue bed quilt. It was part of the Spangled Stars QA at Susan's blog, Quilt Fabrication.  It is a king-sized quilt.  I need to make a back and then finish it. 



8.  This Ohio State themed quilt has been on my longarm frame for quite a while.  I need to finish longarming it and then bind for a finish.

9.  This is a customer's quilt that I am repairing.  It only needs me to make and finish the binding.  Hopefully I'll do it one evening for a binding blitz.

That should be enough projects to get me off the ground...  Happy Q3.  Link your projects up here.

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side


3 comments:

Gina said...

Good luck with your goals. I love your Classic Meets Modern blocks

Kevin the Quilter said...

I love the colors you chose for Celtic Solstice!

Camilla said...

I love the first Celtic Solstice quilt especially. Looks like most of the hard work has been done...?