Friday, December 6, 2013

Friday Finish -- Tall Geese 12.7.13

In May, 2013 I won the Block Lotto.  The theme that month was tall geese blocks.  This quilt measures 54" x 64".  Here's the quilt that I made from the blocks:

 
Even though the sun wasn't out when I took this picture, I love how the colors show up with our 6" of snow on the ground in Ohio.
 
The solid back is 60" wide cotton shirting fabric that I picked up at a garage sale for $2.  I think it adds to the masculine touch.
 
 
I longarm quilted it with the Baptist Fan board from R & S Designs.

 
I'm happy to link up with Richard and Tanya Quilts for the Link-A-Finish FRIDAY.
 
I'm also linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts:
 
Join me on the Block Lotto Blog
 
I really do love the Block Lotto!
 

 

3 comments:

Julianne said...

Wow! I LOVE this one..very nice Kathy! You can send it my way if it needs a home!! LOL!

sophie said...

A quilt so nice, I had to say it twice–on the Block Lotto site and here! I love it.

(and thanks for the kind words about the block lotto ;-)

Angie in SoCal said...

Looks great, Kathy! Love the Baptist Fan quilting on it. Brrrr.