Saturday, November 28, 2015

RSC15 & Let's Book It Challenge!

The color for November is bright green.  Oh how I LOVE bright green!  I started a new project for the RSC15 (and RSC16).  I am making a block each month for a quilt called Folk Art Birds.   For extra fun I am string piecing each folk art bird.  This block is a huge 17"!  My plan is to use the RSC color of the month and make one of the 12 bird blocks and three to four of the border blocks each month.  Fun, fun!  The sashings will just be fun scraps string pieced together.  (Bonus scrap buster!)

With this new project I am also joining in with Sharon at Vroomans Quilts for the Let's Book It Challenge.  You can get inspiration from Sharon's linky party here.
 
This quilt is in the book Making Quilts w/Kathy Doughty.  You can find in on Amazon here.  I got it at my local library!  Woot woot!  Lately I am finding a LOT of books and patterns I need by using my local library's search engine.  If my local library doesn't have it, I can get it from another library in Ohio.  Cool, huh?
 
Check out what others are doing with the RSC15 color of the month, bright green on Angela's blog, Soscrappy.
Black Friday Sale Making Quilts with the Promise Of Joy by Kathy Doughty
 
RSC 15
 
 
 

8 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is a really cool pattern and perfect to go along with both RSC and Book It - going to be stunning.

Angie said...

I have been looking at Kathy's book over the past two weeks, looking for inspiration for RSC 16. You've made a great choice - love your lime green bird!

Kate said...

Ohhh, pretty little birdie. What a fun RSC and Let's Book it Project.

scraphappy said...

What a great way to use up those strings -- love the border blocks too!

Mystic Quilter said...

Idea of strip piecing the bird is inspired! He/she is a beauty.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What an interesting pattern to keep you busy in the coming months. Have FUN!!!

Debbie said...

Great block. I like how you stripped it together like gradient fabric. very cool!

Sheila said...

What a beautiful bird! Most excellent pattern choice for the 2016 RSC.