Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Scraptastic Tuesday Link Up

I'm working on my Bonnie Hunter 2015 Leader/Ender Tumbler challenge.  You can read more about it here.  I am working with denim scraps.  I didn't want another super heavy quilt, so I decided to make kitchen rugs.  Denim is perfect for kitchen rugs.  I haven't decided what fabric to use as a backing yet.  I'm wondering if there is something that is non-slippery that I can wash...  I'll have to use a coupon at JoAnn's next week.

I'm linking up with Leanne at She Can Quilt for the August Scraptastic Link up (and also Nicky - Mrs. Sew and Sow.) Oops!  Looks like I'm a little early.  The link up isn't until the third Tuesday of the month.  OH well.  I'm a little early on this project. :)

Here's my rug for the month.  (Well, it's a rug "top".)  I still need to quilt them.  I LOVE this one with the black border.  It's my second rug.



Here's my first rug.  There WILL be more!!!  I need five for my kitchen.  I think I will make them all different, but being all denim they will have some cohesion.



Scraptastic Tuesday


No comments: