Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Some New Treasures

I'm linking up today while showing off my new, organized treasures at Val's Quilting Studio.  Sadly my mother-in-law passed away on January 31, 2015.  She was an amazing seamstress.  She loved me and left all of her sewing room to me.  Below are some of her treasures that are now mine.

It started off with a bin of threads.

 
Here's a picture of everything in it's new home.  This is the unheated room where I keep my longarm.  It is in the house that we have been building for quite a while.  See all of the bins on the right?  They are soooooooo organized!  Clear, see-thru bins are awesome for organization.
 
 
She didn't hoard a lot of fabric.  Only the two green totes have fabric in them.  The fabrics are mostly flannels and fleeces.  But see all those drawers on her homemade sewing desk?  When I open them I feel like I am walking down the notions aisle of JoAnn Fabrics in 1980 -late 1990's.  She kept most of her notions with the instructions in baggies -- all very neatly organized.  I know that she knew exactly where everything was.  There are all kinds of scissors and there are many things I didn't have!
 
 
This is her prized Memory Craft 9000.  She purchased it on 11-21-1996.  It does lovely monogramming and stitches great.  It was well loved.

 
This is a MyLock334D.  She made many clothes for customers.  It made many weddings beautiful.

 
I have both of the manuals on my desk and will take them with me to many appointments where I can just read and read.  I can't wait to use all of my new treasures.
 
Check out the archives at Val's Quilting Studio for organizational tips.
 
Val's Quilting Studio
 

2 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I'm sorry for your loss - it is lovely that her items have been passed on to someone who appreciates them. Enjoy putting them all to good use!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I too am sorry for your families loss. I'm happy for you that while you get to rummage through and put your new studio together you'll have her with you along with many memories. :) Thanks for sharing with us at my organizatinal linky.