Friday, October 17, 2014

Custom Honors Quilt -- A Friday Finish 10.17.14

Here's a customer quilt that was on and off the frame this week.  It was made by two ladies in my local quilt guild.  Our guild is having an honor's dinner in which members of the service are being honored (and given quilts).  It should be a nice dinner.  This is the first time our guild has done this.  It may be a sold out crowd.  We have 26 honorees.

I finished the longarming on this quilt this week.






Here's the quilt on the frame.  It's a Fons & Porter's QOV pattern.

 
I did freehand stars and swirls on the border.  The customer requested freehand stars.
 
I did the Circle Lord Egyptian eye pattern in the open areas of the quilt around the center panel.
 
I am did freehand echoed feathers on the eagle and freehand echoed stripes on the flag stripes.
 
Whew.

 
I'm happy to link up with Richard and Tanya Quilts for the Link-A-Finish FRIDAY.
 
I'm also linking up with Janet at Simply Pieced for TGIFF.
 

6 comments:

Patricia said...

Awesome, love the center panel

The Thompsons said...

That's a really cool idea to do an Honor Dinner and I think the quilt turned out beautifully.

Janet @ Simply Pieced said...

This is great! I love the quilting pattern you selected. It makes it seem like the flag is waving. Good luck with your dinner...it's a wonderful thing to honor those who have served our country. Thank you for linking up with TGIFF!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Its a beautiful quilt!

Michele said...

Really nice! I'm sure it will be treasured.

Lynette said...

This is really spectacular, between the terrific eagle panel and your lovely quilting. I really like the effect of the Egyptian Lord motif on the stripes - like a waving flag look. Your guild's dinner is going to be a very emotional event.