Monday, October 27, 2014

Celtic Solstice Quilt Back

I'm still working on my Celtic Solstice quilt (Bonnie Hunter mystery 2013).  Because I'm on a fabric diet I am still trying not to buy fabrics.  I will be working from my stash to create a pieced back for this quilt. 

I pulled a bunch of orphan blocks from the orphan boxes.  Most of them are in the colors of my Celtic Solstice top (pinks, maroon, brown, grey, neutrals).  I also sewed all little bits and pieces of the little pieces that I had left from my Celtic Solstice mystery (a chevron here, a chevron there...)  I also have some great orphan blocks from the Block Lotto that I will be using.  This will be a true Bonnie Hunter quilt back!  I know it's going to take me a while to get all of these different sized blocks organized.  I need to start making them into blocks that are similar in size so that they can be put together.  That is my project for this week.  I'm still planning on getting this quilt completely done before Thanksgiving.

Wish me luck!  Here's a picture of the pile on my busy desk right now.  (I love that little broken dish block that I made with some of the maroon and neutral Celtic Solstice leftovers!)



I'm linking up with Jo at Jo's Country Junction for the Bonnie's UFO Challenge.

Oh, and here's a top of my king sized Celtic Solstice.


1 comment:

Julianne said...

Holy Moly, looks like the back is going to be alot of work just like the front! You GO girl...I gotta make a back for mine too...gonna use up random pieces hopefully!