Sunday, September 7, 2014

Floating Churn Dash for LQG

Here's the block that I made for our local quilt guild challenge.  Sheila picked out the floating churn dash pattern from Delaware Quilts.  You can find the directions here.  It's a brilliant choice for a group project.  Because the churn dash is floating in the background fabric, it's harder to lose the points.  It's great for all skill levels.

Sheila provided the white background fabric.  Our job was to use one of our ugliest fabrics.  Honestly, I don't think that the fabric that I picked is ugly at all.  But I'm not sure what color it is.  Is it purple?  Is it blue?  I don't have very much of it.  It's a great scrap quilt project fabric.

1 comment:

Julianne said...

I dont think its ugly either and Hallelujah...a churn dash without the points getting cut off??? Sign me up!