Wednesday, November 13, 2013

WIP Wednesday 11.13.13

Here's what happened this super busy week:

I dropped my good Nikon camera.  :(  Now I'm using my back-up Fujifilm camera that I bought with a Groupon...  I completed this little Big Bird panel quilt.

 
I'm pretty sure I decided upon my colors for my Celtic Solstice (Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt) (photo below from the Quiltville site.)
 
 
Neutrals
Maroon (in place of Bonnie's yellow)
Grey (in place of Bonnie's orange)
Brown (in place of Bonnie's green)
Pink (in place of Bonnie's blue)
 
I need pinks and greys.  I have tons tons tons of browns and enough maroons.  I am a little nervous changing colors like this.  When I changed colors for Orca Bay it didn't go so well and the blocks are still in a bag.  I'm not 100 percent thrilled with the Easy Street colors from last year.  I LOVE some of the Easy Streets out there in blog land.  These colors are also scraps pulled for a Fons & Porter quilt that I just love and have been wanting to do for a while.  I have the pattern book above my desk, but I just can't put my finger on which one.  I'll look for that some day when I'm bored.  That quilt won't be made until about February of 2014.

I started my Snowman Mini Quilt -- Thank goodness I found my Debbie Mumm book!  I cut these pieces in July while on a camping trip.

 
I was a little nervous when this is what my strip set looked like to be cut in 1.5" sections.
 
 
I started sewing this on Monday afternoon... Now it's the completed quilt top!  This pattern is a Debbie Mumm pattern in Quick Country Quilting.  I think I need to cut out a blue one tomorrow.  I LOVE how the little 1" checkerboard border came out -- it really makes the quilt.
 
 
I longarmed this blue quilt for a customer


Looking through my WIPs in the boxes upstairs I found this charity quilt that someone in our local quilt guild made.  I made a back and loaded it on the frame to finish between customer quilts.

 
I finished the November Quilt Doodle Designs BOM block.
 
 And here's the whole quilt so far.  One block to go! 

I selected fabrics for the Downton Abbey Mystery QA.



I entered this charity quilt in the contest for close-up quilting at Quilting Gallery.  The last time I checked I only had four votes :(

Feathered Crosshatch Charity Quilt

New Projects
1.  Snowman Mini Quilt (TOP COMPLETE ALREADY!!!)
2.  Downton Abbey Mystery QA
3.  Celtic Solstice -- I've made a decision on fabrics!


Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1.  Herringbone OSU quilt
2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt) -- Gave blocks to LQG Round Robin swap 4.23.13
3.  Quilt Doodle Designs BOM (one more month to go!!!)
4.  Rock Island Campfire Quilt
5.  Picadilly Circle
6.  Snowman quilt (pattern from Debbie Mum's book)
7. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play
8.  MSBHQAL (Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt Along)

Blocks Still Need to be Made
1.  NY Beauty
2.  Orca Bay
3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4.  Red/White Flower Basket Quilt
5.  Maroon Star Sampler Quilt
6.  Color coordinated hexagon quilt
7.  Gourmet Quilter Sampler
8.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
9. Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt)
10.  Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt
11.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt

Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1.  Block Swap Adventure Sampler (2011-2012)
2.  Butterfly Blocks (that I won)
3.  Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
4.  Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
6.  Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto; January 2013)

Quilts back needs to be made (tops are done)
1.  Grandma's WIP -- Cameo Rose (this one is a long-term project)
2.  Grandma's WIP #2 (This is also a long-term project)

Ready to longarm
1.  Dutchman's Puzzle
2.  Scrappy Christmas QA (I think I am going to straight-line quilt this one.)
3.  Spring Mystery 2013 (still need to rip out those early longarming eyelashes)
4.  Geese blocks from May 2013 Block Lotto
5.  LQG Ship charity quilt
7.  LQG Just 6" Squares
8. Child's Charity Quilt for LQG
9.  Sue's quilt #5
10. Sue's quilt #6
11. Sue's quilt #7
12.  2nd Split Decision baby quilt (for a customer!)

Quilted, needs binding

 This brings my WIP count from 41 to 42.

Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

Julianne said...

Wow! You have been a busy little bee all week! I love the Dresden and the snowman quilt..super cute, and yes, it will be really nice in the blue color scheme...